TCOSCPA Election of Officers and CPE Online
Presenter: Ted Schmelzle, JD, CIPP/US
Topic: How pooled employer plans are poised to impact the retirement industry and qualified plan audit requirements
We will begin the meeting at 11:55am with our election of TCOSCPA Officers. Our candidates are:
- Andrew Habiger - Vice-Chairman/Chairman-Elect
- Kelly Berkstresser - Treasurer
- Julie Shorrosh - Secretary
- Erika Coates - currently Chairman, will transition to Past-Chairman
- Kristin Aylett - currently Vice-Chairman, will transition to Chairman
Immediately after election the CPE Online session will begin:
Ted Schmelze, JD, CIPP/US, Securian Financial’s Senior Director of Plan Sponsor Services has a uniquely informed perspective on Pooled Employer plans that he has attained through the process of developing Securian’s Pooled Employer Plan products, and his 25 years of experience working for Securian in a legal capacity. He will discuss the recent legislative changes that enabled these plans to be created, the industry impact of that, and how it affects the audit requirements and process.
Format: Online Live Group
CPE Credit: 1 hour
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge - Technical
Program Knowledge Level: Basic
- Understanding how Pooled Employer Plans Function
- Understanding the differences between Pooled Employer Plans and Multiple Employer Plans that were previously allowed
- The impact of Pooled Employer Plans on Plan Audits
Ted Schmelzle, JD, CIPP/US - Senior Director, Plan Sponsor Services
Ted began his career with Securian Financial in 1996 where he initially focused on claims litigation. In 2000, he assumed full divisional counsel responsibilities for the company’s group life operations. Since 2008, Ted served as divisional counsel for retirement solutions, where he was responsible for legal advice concerning all aspect of Securian’s qualified retirement plan business. Ted’s experience has enabled him to build an in-depth understanding of the complex regulatory, tax and business issues that surround the qualified retirement plan marketplace.
Registration Deadline is April 27, 2021 at 11:00pm
- Refund Policy: Full refund by original method of payment if cancellation received by 4pm on the Friday preceding the event.
CPE Credits are based on a 50-minute hour. State boards of accounting have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Attendee accepts responsibility to determine if course meets acceptable guidelines set forth by their reporting authority. Complaints regarding any CPE presentation should be directed to [email protected].
$20.00 Member Ticket
$25.00 Non-Member Ticket
$20.00 OKC Chapter Member
$0.00 Student Member Ticket